Regardless of your profession, it’s good to step back from your work periodically and examine what you could be doing better. Since it’s the beginning of a new year, there’s no better time than now. To get you thinking about your 2012 resolutions, here are 30 resolutions creatives may want to achieve in 2012.
1. Attend a paper show.
3. Try new brainstorming techniques.
4. Attain greater mental breadth. Research a topic outside of design/advertising.
7. Join your local Ad Club.
9. Dabble with different textures.
12. Travel. (Or at least take a different route to work.)
14. Keep a collection of clippings that inspire you.
16. Do pro bono work for a cause you care about.
18. Learn some new Photoshop tricks.
19. Combat your own predictability.
20. Teach/mentor a young designer.
21. Get into the fold.
23. Try to understand an opposing perspective.
24. Keep a journal.
27. Stop buying greeting cards and make them yourself.
29. Stay optimistic.
30. Stop procrastinating. Seize the day!
What are you going to create, accomplish, experience and experiment with in 2012?Tags: advertising, art, communication, creativity, food for thought, graphic design, holidays, web design